Job Category R&D Tax Credit Services
Level Entry-Mid Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
The role: As a Research & Development Tax Credit consultant, you will conduct R&D Tax Credit studies for our clients by combining an understanding of tax law with engineering disciplines. Our R&D Tax Credit team is responsible for engaging in projects from start to finish, including meeting and consulting with clients, analyzing complex data, and preparing detailed and compliant client reports.
What you will do:
- Review and analyze all available financial data for each respective project
- Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through use of Microsoft Excel
- Prepare written technical narratives related to each project’s findings
- Conduct site visits at client locations to document and consult regarding the nature and use of research and development resources
- Ongoing client relationship management
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accounting, engineering, or related field
- 1-3 years of accounting or engineering experience is desirable, but recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Knowledge of engineering is helpful, but not required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, strong and written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to travel independently or as part of a team to client locations throughout the USA
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based R&D Tax Credit claims. We also offer consulting on fixed asset services and cost segregation, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.