Job Category Global Business Services
Level Senior Manager/Manager
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Location(s) Indianapolis, Atlanta, Dallas
The role: McGuire Sponsel is seeking an International Tax Manager for our Global Business Services team. This is an opportunity to learn from experienced technical leadership to expand and continue to develop your international tax skillset. A career within our growing Global Business Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients with international income tax compliance and reporting, IC-DISC calculations, transfer pricing and international tax consulting. You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes initial discussions with clients, analyzing complex data and international transactions, and preparing income tax returns.
This position provides the right professional with immediate client responsibilities and opportunities for future advancement. McGuire Sponsel fosters a dynamic culture that emphasizes training and professional development. In this role, you will be an integral part of team development and technical training. Experience and desire to lead a team is necessary for this role. This is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking for a career in international taxation outside of the typical “big firm” or corporate career path.
What you will do:
- Advise clients on international tax planning, including helping clients anticipate and understand the consequences and opportunities associated with global tax planning decisions
- Direct multinational clients on business decisions, including geographic and cultural considerations, choice of entity, supply chain optimization, transfer pricing and efficient treasury management to fund global operations
- Evaluate clients’ tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture
- Prepare and review complex tax models illustrating multinational entities’ attributes, effective tax rate, and cash tax expense
- Structure the tax aspects of multinational mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs
- Draft professional tax opinions, memoranda, presentations, and Excel models
- Provide wide-ranging counsel on issues including IP migration, GILTI/Subpart F, treaty applicability and sophisticated structuring for both inbound and outbound clients
- Demonstrate professionalism and promptness while fostering/managing client relationships
- Manage a team of staff members by leading areas of technical training, professional development, and personnel management
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, finance, or related business field. CPA or JD desirable but not required
- 6+ years of experience in international tax is necessary
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate international tax issues and planning strategies, including holding company planning, global expansion, treasury management, transfer pricing, and indirect tax.
- Proven ability in training, developing, and leading project teams
- Consultative mindset; strong interpersonal skills; excels in client situations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide a variety of Global Business Services including global expansion, global structuring, cross-border transactions, and international tax planning. We also offer consulting on R&D Tax Credit Services, Fixed Asset Services, and Credit & Incentive Services. We are committed to providing high-quality service with integrity in a way that helps partner firms bring value to their clients. Our approach has allowed us to become a trusted resource to the industry.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.