Job Category Cost Segregation
Level Entry Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
Location(s) Atlanta, Dallas, Indianapolis, Phoenix
The role: As a consultant in our Fixed Asset Services practice, you will help our clients as you develop compliant and comprehensive cost segregation studies that maximize tax benefits. Our Cost Segregation team is responsible for utilizing construction cost estimating procedures to maximize tax depreciation which in turn reduces our client’s federal tax burden. We utilize a detailed engineering analysis requiring a detailed review of architectural documents as well as detailed on-site inspections. The information gathered is utilized to apply the proper asset classifications based on our in-depth knowledge of the Tax Code.
What you will do:
- Effectively communicate with CPAs and clients to understand goals and needs.
- Review and analyze all available construction cost documentation for a respective project.
- Examine any available construction blueprint/drawings to identify and properly classify all depreciable assets.
- Conduct on-site inspections to notate and document the nature and use of all depreciable property.
- Cost estimating using programs such as RSMeans & Marshall Valuation Service when actual costs are not available.
- Prepare detailed schedules & reports summarizing and supporting the results of our depreciation analysis.
What you will need:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accounting, business, construction management, or engineering
- 1-3 years of accounting or engineering experience is desirable, but recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, strong and written and verbal communication skills
- Consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to travel independently or as part of a team to client locations throughout the USA
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based cost segregation and fixed asset studies. We also offer consulting on research and development tax credit services, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.