Job Category Cost Segregation, R&D Tax Credits
Level Entry Level, Internship
Time Type Full-time or Part Time
Travel Requirements Limited, Up to 20%
Location(s) Indianapolis, Atlanta
The role: McGuire Sponsel is currently seeking interns to assist our team during the summer of 2023. We are accepting applicants for both full-time and part-time internships. This position will primarily be focused in the firm’s Research & Development Tax Credit and Cost Segregation practice lines. This is an excellent opportunity for those who may be looking to differentiate themselves from the typical accounting or engineering career path in their field. You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes meeting with clients, analyzing complex data, and preparing client reports. This will be a paid internship, with an opportunity for full-time employment for the right candidate.
What you will do:
- Provide support to managers and staff on projects within various software systems
- Organize, save, and assist with data entry for digital/electronic files and information
- Review and analyze all available documentation relevant to each project
- Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through use of Microsoft Excel
- Prepare written technical narratives related to each project’s findings
- Assist associates with on-site client visits and inspections to notate and document all necessary information applicable to each project
- Cost estimating using RSMeans & Marshall Valuation Service
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Junior or senior class status, or completed Bachelor’s degree
- Pursuit of degree in Accounting, Construction Management, Engineering or related fields
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Thrives in fast-paced, high energy environment to meet project deadlines
- Ability to exercise project management skills and prioritize work as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to reliably transport yourself to various client locations across the country, as needed
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country by offering tax services that fall outside traditional practices. Partnering with local, regional, and global firms, McGuire Sponsel offers Fixed Asset Services, R&D Tax Credit Services, Global Business Services, and Credits & Incentives Services. We are committed to providing high-quality service with integrity in a way that helps partner firms bring value to their clients. Our approach has allowed us to become a trusted resource to the industry.
What we offer: An internship at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Hands-on, real client experience and project involvement
- Modern office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.