Job Category Global Business Services
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
The role: As a Senior International Tax Consultant, you will help our clients with international income tax compliance reporting, IC-DISC calculations, transfer pricing and international tax consulting. You will learn from experienced technical leadership and to expand and develop your international tax skillset. You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes initial discussions with clients, analyzing complex data and international transactions, and preparing income tax returns. The professional in this role will have immediate client responsibility and opportunity for future advancement.
McGuire Sponsel fosters a dynamic culture that emphasizes training and professional development. Candidates will develop and grow their skillset by working directly with our senior members of the Global Business Services team in all types of international tax consulting projects. It is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking for a dynamic career in international taxation outside of the traditional “big firm” career path.
What you will do:
- Advise clients on international tax planning and compliance, including reviewing and analyzing all available financial data for a respective project
- Prepare client calculations and data analysis in Excel
- Prepare numerous international reporting forms including 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 926, 8992, 8938, 1042, 8993, and FBAR/FinCen reporting
- Prepare 1120-IC-DISC federal tax returns
- Assist with transfer pricing documentation and international tax consulting engagements
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Accounting
- 2-3 years of accounting experience in corporate income tax preparation is necessary
- No prior experience with IC-DISC or international tax is necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism and promptness while fostering and managing client relationships
- A consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to travel independently or as part of a team to client locations throughout the USA
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide a variety of Global Business Services including global expansion, global structuring, cross-border transactions, and international tax planning. We also offer consulting on R&D Tax Credit Services, Fixed Asset Services, and Credit & Incentive Services. We are committed to providing high-quality service with integrity in a way that helps partner firms bring value to their clients. Our approach has allowed us to become a trusted resource to the industry.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.