Job Category Fixed Asset Services
Level Entry Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
Location(s) Indianapolis, Atlanta, Dallas
The role: As a Fixed Asset Accountant, you will help our clients as you record and track newly acquired and existing fixed assets, as well as accounting for dispositions of fixed assets for client’s Federal and State tax returns. Our Fixed Asset Accountant position is an excellent career opportunity for specialized accounting professionals or recent graduates in accounting or finance. This consultative position places a high value on client relationships and requires strong project management skills.
What you will do:
- Assist with preparation of various reports for annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Utilize accounting software to record and monitor assets, assign asset identification, reconcile fixed asset ledger to general ledgers, and review accumulated depreciation.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accounting, finance, or related field
- 1-3 years relevant fixed asset accounting experience is desirable, but recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Confidence and professionalism to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person with clients and accountants to understand goals and needs
- Experience with Fixed Asset Management software
- Familiarity with Federal and State Tax depreciation methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail, strong project management skills, and excellent ability to meet deadlines and work together on a fast-paced team
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to travel independently or as part of a team to client locations throughout the USA
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based cost segregation and fixed asset studies. We also offer consulting on research and development tax credit services, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.