Our firm’s Research & Development Tax Credit Practice is growing quickly and in need of an R&D Tax Consultant. In this consultant role, you will conduct Research & Development Tax Credit studies for our clients by combining an understanding of tax law with engineering disciplines. You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes meeting with clients, analyzing complex data, and preparing client reports. The position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, confidence/professionalism to speak with high-level executives, project management skills, and the ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere. This position provides the right professional with immediate client responsibilities and opportunities for future advancement. This is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking to differentiate themselves from the typical career path.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in accounting, engineering, or related fields.
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary.
- 1 – 3 years of accounting or engineering experience is desirable.
- Recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered.
- Knowledge of engineering is helpful, but not required.
- Consultative mindset; strong interpersonal skills; excels in client situations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel.
- Local & nationwide travel required (up to 30%).
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Review and analyze all available financial data for each respective project.
- Prepare client tax credit calculations and data analysis through use of Microsoft Excel.
- Prepare written technical narratives related to each project’s findings.
- Conduct site visits at client locations to document and consult regarding the nature and use of research and development resources.
- Client relationship management.