McGuire Sponsel is seeking a Project Analyst to join our Credits & Incentives practice. As a Credits & Incentives Project Analyst, you will play an instrumental role in assisting with multiple incentive research, application, and compliance projects and contribute to the delivery of such services to clients. You will assist with managing client project information and effectively communicate with clients and economic development organizations on application reporting and compliance filings.
McGuire Sponsel is a highly specialized consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. McGuire Sponsel’s Credits & Incentives team works with growing businesses across the country to procure federal, state, and local incentives that promote investment and job creation. Our Credits & Incentives practice provides location modeling, site selection, incentives procurement, and compliance management. We interact with federal, state, and municipal government representatives to bring value to growing organizations of all sizes.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-4 years of experience in an accounting, business, finance, or related field
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office – Excel, Word, PP, and Outlook
- Attention to detail and the ability to oversee quality and accuracy of information
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Gain knowledge and understanding of multi-state and local credit and incentive programs
- Assist with identifying and applying state-specific incentives programs to client situations
- Effectively manage project timelines, document preparation and review, and research analysis
- Provide detailed analysis of data related to project parameters
- Deliver work products that meet or exceed client expectations
- Complete incentive applications and compile business and project specific details
- Maintain and develop relationships on various state and local tax consulting/compliance engagements
- Manage reporting and compliance for clients across municipalities and states across the U.S.
- Work with legal and tax professional partners to provide integrated services to clients
- Work with C-level executives and financial professionals within closely held businesses and publicly traded companies to identify and achieve their objectives