McGuire Sponsel is a highly specialized practice group that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and clients across the country. We partner with CPAs and work directly with clients to provide corporate international tax planning services, cost segregation & fixed asset studies, financing & economic incentive services, and research and development tax credit studies.
International Tax Senior Manager
A national firm’s International Tax Consulting practice is growing rapidly and in need of an experienced International Tax Senior Manager. In this role, you will advise clients on complex corporate international tax matters by combining an understanding of tax law with professional experience. The position requires excellent written/verbal communication skills, confidence/professionalism to speak with high-level executives, project management skills, and the ability to work well with others in a team atmosphere. This position provides the right professional with immediate client responsibilities and opportunities for future advancement. This is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking for a dynamic career in international taxation outside of the typical “big firm” career path.
- A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master’s degree in Accounting or Taxation.
- Minimum 10 years of international experience serving clients in a Big 4 or large law firm environment.
- CPA or Member of the Bar.
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate international tax issues and planning strategies, including holding company planning, global expansion, treasury management, transfer pricing and indirect tax.
- Executive presence; consultative mindset; strong interpersonal skills; excels in client situations.
- Strong research skills, attention to detail and excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Domestic and international travel required (up to 30%).
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Advise clients on international tax planning, including helping clients anticipate and understand the consequences and opportunities associated with global tax planning decisions.
- Direct multinational clients on business decisions, including geographic and cultural considerations, choice of entity, supply chain optimization, transfer pricing and efficient treasury management to fund global operations.
- Evaluate clients’ tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture.
- Prepare and review complex tax models illustrating multinational entities’ attributes, effective tax rate, and cash tax expense.
- Structure the tax aspects of multinational mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs.
- Draft professional tax opinions, memoranda, presentations, and Excel models.
- Provide wide-ranging counsel on issues including IP migration, GILTI/Subpart F, treaty applicability and sophisticated structuring for both inbound and outbound clients.