Job Category Global Business Services
Level Entry Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
The role: As an International Tax Consultant, you will help our clients with international income tax compliance reporting, transfer pricing, and IC-DISC. You will learn from experienced technical leadership and to expand and develop your international tax skillset. Initially, this role will focus on our IC-DISC practice and will involve analysis of export sales data and conducting compliance and comprehensive calculations that maximize client income tax benefits. This role is intended to expand into our other Global Business Services practice lines beyond IC-DISC in the future.
You will be engaged in projects from start to finish, which includes initial discussions with clients, analyzing complex data and international transactions, and preparing income tax returns. The professional in this role will have immediate client responsibility and opportunity for future advancement. It is an excellent career opportunity for candidates that may be looking for a dynamic career in international taxation outside of the traditional “big firm” career path.
What you will do:
- Advise clients on international tax planning, including reviewing and analyzing all available financial data for a respective project
- Prepare client calculations and data analysis in Excel
- Prepare 1120-IC-DISC federal tax returns
- Prepare numerous international reporting forms including 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 926, 8992, 8938, 1042, 8993, and FBAR/FinCen reporting
- Assist with transfer pricing reporting and analysis
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Accounting
- 1-3 years of accounting experience is desirable, but recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with IC-DISC or international tax is necessary
- Demonstrate professionalism and promptness while fostering and managing client relationships
- A consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in corporate and individual tax preparation is helpful, but not required
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide a variety of Global Business Services including global expansion, global structuring, cross-border transactions, and international tax planning. We also offer consulting on R&D Tax Credit Services, Fixed Asset Services, and Credit & Incentive Services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities