Job Category Fixed Asset Services
Level Entry Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based cost segregation and fixed asset studies. We also offer consulting on research and development tax credit services, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
A career within our quickly growing Fixed Asset Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients as you record and track newly acquired and existing fixed assets, as well as accounting for dispositions of fixed assets for client’s Federal and State tax returns. Our Fixed Asset Accountant position is an excellent career opportunity for specialized accounting professionals or recent graduates in accounting or finance. This consultative position places a high value on client relationships and requires strong project management skills.
Professional skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate with clients and accountants to understand goals and needs.
- Demonstrate high attention to detail, and excellent ability to meet deadlines and work together on a team.
- Assist with preparation of various reports for annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Utilize accounting software to record and monitor assets, assign asset identification, reconcile fixed asset ledger to general ledgers, and review accumulated depreciation.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Required Fields of Study
- Accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum Years of Experience
- 1-3 years relevant fixed asset accounting experience desirable
- Recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Strong project management skills
- Confidence and professionalism to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person
- Experience with Fixed Asset Management software
- Familiar with Federal and State Tax depreciation methods
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings