McGuire Sponsel is currently seeking an intern to assist our Cost Segregation team during the 2019 summer semester beginning May 15, 2019. This is an excellent opportunity for those who may be looking to differentiate themselves from the typical career path. Cost Segregation involves utilizing construction cost estimating procedures to maximize tax depreciation, which in turn reduces our client’s federal tax burden. This internship will provide a unique experience developing skills involving the construction process and tax law. This will be a paid internship, with an opportunity for full-time employment for the right candidate.
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Learn to review and analyze all available construction cost documentation for a respective project.
- Examine any available construction blueprints/drawings to identify and properly classify all depreciable assets.
- Assist associates with on-site inspections to notate and document the nature and use of all depreciable property.
- Perform cost estimating using programs such as RSMeans & Marshall Valuation Service.
- Assist the Cost Segregation team by preparing detailed schedules & reports summarizing and supporting the results of our analysis.
- Junior or senior class status, or completed Bachelor’s degree.
- Pursuing or completion of degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Accounting, or related fields.
- No prior experience with Cost Segregation is necessary.
- Existing knowledge of construction process, practices, and techniques is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in fast-paced, high energy environment to meet project deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to visit clients with associates locally & nationwide.