Our firm’s Cost Segregation Practice is growing quickly and in need of a Cost Segregation Tax Consultant. Cost Segregation involves utilizing construction cost estimating procedures to maximize tax depreciation which in turn reduces our client’s federal tax burden. Our Cost Segregation practice utilizes a detailed engineering analysis requiring a detailed review of architectural documents as well as detailed on-site inspections. The information gathered is utilized to apply the proper asset classifications based on our in-depth knowledge of the Tax Code.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in accounting, construction management, or engineering.
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary.
- 1 – 5 years relevant construction or engineering experience is desirable.
- Recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered.
- Thrives in fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Confidence and professionalism to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person with high-level executives.
- Existing knowledge of tax law in its relation to depreciation, construction practices, civil engineering, or cost estimating procedures is desirable.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Local & nationwide travel required (up to 30%).
Responsibilities / Expectations
- Effectively communicate with clients & CPAs to understand their goals and needs.
- Review & analyze all available construction cost documentation for a respective project.
- Examine any available construction blueprint/drawings to identify and properly classify all depreciable assets.
- Conduct on-site inspections to notate and document the nature and use of all depreciable property.
- Cost estimating using programs such as RSMeans & Marshall Valuation Service when actual costs are not available.
- Prepare detailed schedules & reports summarizing and supporting the results of our depreciation analysis.