Job Category Cost Segregation
Level Entry Level
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements Up to 30%
McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs and their clients to provide engineering-based cost segregation and fixed asset studies. We also offer consulting on research and development tax credit services, global business services, and credit and incentive services.
A career within our quickly growing Fixed Asset Services practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients as you develop compliant and comprehensive cost segregation studies that maximize tax benefits. Our Cost Segregation team is responsible for utilizing construction cost estimating procedures to maximize tax depreciation which in turn reduces our client’s federal tax burden. We utilize a detailed engineering analysis requiring a detailed review of architectural documents as well as detailed on-site inspections. The information gathered is utilized to apply the proper asset classifications based on our in-depth knowledge of the Tax Code.
As a Cost Segregation Consultant, you’ll work as part of a fast-paced, collaborative team of problem solvers. Professional skills and responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicate with CPAs and clients to understand goals and needs.
- Review and analyze all available construction cost documentation for a respective project.
- Examine any available construction blueprint/drawings to identify and properly classify all depreciable assets.
- Conduct on-site inspections to notate and document the nature and use of all depreciable property.
- Cost estimating using programs such as RSMeans & Marshall Valuation Service when actual costs are not available.
- Prepare detailed schedules & reports summarizing and supporting the results of our depreciation analysis.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Required Fields of Study
- Accounting, business, construction management, or engineering
- Minimum Years of Experience
- No prior experience with tax credits is necessary
- Recent college graduate applications will be accepted and considered
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high energy environment
- Strong project management skills
- Confidence and professionalism to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person with high-level executives
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings