Job Category Location Advisory Services
Time Type Full-time
Travel Requirements N/A
The role: As a project analyst you will collaborate with our internal team of project managers, consultants, and market leaders on project data collection, application processes and timelines, annual compliance and reporting requirements, management of state and local application templates, and state-specific incentive research and mechanics of state specific benefits. You will assist with managing incentive projects while effectively and timely communicating with clients and economic development organizations. This professional in this role will learn from experienced leadership to expand and develop their consulting and analytical skillset, while also gaining immediate client responsibilities and opportunities for future advancement.
What you will do:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of multi-state and local credit and incentive programs.
- Assist with identifying and applying state-specific incentives programs to client situations.
- Effectively manage project timelines, document preparation and review, and research analysis.
- Provide detailed analysis of data related to project parameters.
- Deliver work products that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Complete incentive applications and compile business and project specific details.
- Maintain and develop relationships on various state and local tax consulting/compliance engagements.
- Manage reporting and compliance for clients across municipalities and states across the U.S.
- Work with legal and tax professional partners to provide integrated services to clients.
- Work with C-level executives and financial professionals within closely held businesses and publicly traded companies to identify and achieve their objectives.
- Prepare and deliver project presentations to state and local representatives.
- Assist in streamlining internal operations and project management processes.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting, finance, or related field.
- 3-4 years of accounting, finance, or related professional business experience is desirable.
- A consultative mindset, strong interpersonal skills, excels in client situations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid United States driver’s license
- Ability to travel independently or as part of a team to client locations throughout the USA
Who we are: McGuire Sponsel is a national specialty tax consulting firm that has experienced tremendous growth while serving leading accounting firms and businesses across the country. Our firm partners with CPAs, real estate professionals, and other advisors to provide Location Advisory consultation services. We work with growing businesses across the country to procure federal, state, and local incentives that promote investment and job creation. We interact with various government representatives to bring value to growing organizations of all sizes. We also offer consulting on R&D Tax Credit Services, Fixed Asset Services, and Global Business Services.
What we offer: A career at McGuire Sponsel gives individuals the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in a team environment. Benefits include:
- Competitive paid time off, 401k and health and wellness benefits.
- Recently renovated office space in proximity to restaurants, shops, and cultural centers
- Building amenities including a high-end fitness center
- Summer Friday hours
- Team building and social outings, community outreach, and philanthropy activities
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
McGuire Sponsel provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may contact McGuire Sponsel via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact McGuire Sponsel at 317-564-5000.